If you’re like the rest of us, you probably have more than enough on your plate during this time of year.
If, on the other hand, you’re one of those people who wraps up all their shopping months in advance and never has to stand in a mile-long line, well, you deserve your lack of stress. You’ve earned it.
With the holidays right around the corner, are you considering making a last-minute update to your kitchen? You may not have time for a major remodel within the next week, but there are a few relatively simple changes you can make that will add refreshed style to this crucial space.
Ready? Here they are.
Little Ways to Make a Big Difference In Your Kitchen’s Style
- Artwork - This doesn’t have to be a Rembrandt (in fact, it probably shouldn’t be). Look instead for a piece that is simply unique, in-line with your tastes, and has colors that complement your kitchen. And, as an extra tip, don’t pick a painting that has food as a subject (that’s done a little too often).
- Paint an accent wall - Painting just one wall does not require a lot of time, but it does offer a nice, modern look. Just remember, an accent wall draws the eye, so choose what you would like to attract attention to carefully. For a few tips, take a look at this article: Which Wall Should Be Your Accent Wall?
- Add a rug - While rugs in the kitchen can be a controversial topic because of all the drips and spills that can happen in a busy cooking space, you can find a happy medium. Try choosing an indoor/outdoor rug that is durable, washable, and stain-resistant. And, avoid putting it in an accident-prone area, like in front of the oven or sink.
- Glass cabinet doors - Do you have a favorite, decorative set of dishes? Replacing standard cabinet doors with glass alternatives not only allows these dishes to be put on display, but also can help to create a brighter, more open feel in the kitchen.
- Backsplash - A backsplash is a wonderful way to quickly add a modern touch to your kitchen space. Styles, materials, and cost range widely, so do a little research first to make sure your plan is feasible. To get you started, take a look here: Kitchen Backsplash Options and Ideas.
Talk to a Home Remodeling Professional!
If you have a long-term goal that might take a little longer than a week to make a reality, why not contact us at Rogall Painting? We can help transform your colors, but we also can transform your home with our complete Construction Division.