Given the nature of the work, accidents in the painting and remodeling industry can happen.
Our staff and craftsmen are our greatest asset and responsibility, and because of that we care for and watch out for them as effectively as possible. This emphasis on safety comes in the form of rigorous training, empowering our team with the knowledge and tools they need, and ongoing checks to make sure all safety systems are in place.
Accidents may happen in our industry, but we’re proactively preventing injury by developing and maintaining a unified culture of safety.
Why Should This Matter to You?
An emphasis on responsibility and care is something you should look for in a company that you are trusting with your home. Similar to what we discussed in our recent article about the importance of working with a licensed professional, a company that respects and values their employees will provide services that respect and value your home.
What Does a Safe Painting and Remodeling Company Look Like?
Well, it looks a lot like this:
- With shared beliefs, practices, and attitudes shaping our behavior, our Safety Committee meets each month and works with one mission in mind: "To develop safety training that will help our employees work and live safely; To prevent illness or injury to all employees through safety education and training; and to maintain a safe and healthy work environment."
- We hold mandatory meetings each month for all field employees and discuss safety training relating to various aspects of their work.
- Mandatory tailgate meetings are held twice per month.
- Our daily huddles focus on safety before each work day begins.
- Our Operations Manager conducts safety inspections on a regular basis on job sites.
- We don’t take our equipment for granted either! Ladders, for example, are routinely inspected.
- Every job site has a “Safety Tote.” This includes PPE (Personal Protection Equipment): safety goggles, dust masks, gloves, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, our written safety plan, and details about what to do in case of an accident.
- All company vehicles have up-to-date MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets), providing the necessary information should a chemical accident occur.
If you have any questions at all about your own home improvement goals, please don’t hesitate to contact us. It would be our privilege to talk with you directly.