We recently shared the dramatic kitchen transformation you see above on social media, and, as promised, are now bringing you a few extra photos and details here.
This is a wonderful project to be inspired by as a homeowner. Not only is the change satisfying, but it also demonstrates how much can be accomplished without completely demolishing and starting from scratch. Light structural changes and material swaps can make an incredible difference!
Kitchen Remodeling, Including Custom Cabinetry
As you can see in the picture below, this kitchen was functional but certainly outdated (special thanks to the tile counter and backsplash), and a little closed and cramped too. What you also can’t tell from this picture is that the original layout obscured an ocean view through a nearby window. That’s just not something you ever want to have blocked…
What did our kitchen remodeling work include?
- We replaced that countertop and backsplash.
- Opened up the wall in the kitchen to make the ocean view accessible, and add more of a feeling of space as well.
- We built several custom cabinets once the wall was removed.
- We then painted the cabinets to add a more modern, updated look.
And, here is how the kitchen looks now. What do you think?
Other Home Improvement Changes and Updates
Here are a couple of other photos that capture our work within the house.
While the kitchen was the primary focus, we also added these updates for our client:
- In addition to building new kitchen cabinets, we also added new custom cabinets in the living room.
- Built new cabinets for the bathroom vanity, and added a second sink as well.
- We installed 9 can lights, a new solar tube (this is an excellent way to bring natural light to spaces where it typically can’t reach!), and also removed a doggie door and filled the hole.
Can We Answer Your Central Coast Home Remodeling Questions?
It would be our pleasure to discuss your goals and ideas! Why not contact us at Rogall Painting & Construction today?